September 27, 2011

8 Week Muffins - Recipe Tuesday

These muffins were brought to me by my kind sister-in-law.  She is a personal support worker.  She has been there for me and my husband throughout our health issues. 

When on prescription medications, especially a narcotic painkiller, a side effect for me is digestive issues aka constipation.  These muffins help a lot along with drinking water and I do find Lansoyl assists.


They really are delicious too.
                                                                 
EIGHT WEEK MUFFINS
Preheat oven 375 degrees F

36-48 MUFFINS

In a large bowl mix the following:

2 C SUGAR

4 EGGS

3 C BRAN FLAKES

1 ½ CUP OIL ( I USE OIL AND APPLESAUCE  ¾C  OF EACH)

5 ½ C FLOUR

Then add ½ quart of buttermilk. To the other half quart of buttermilk add into the carton
½ C DARK MOLASSES

½ TBSP SALT
8 TSP BAKING SODA

Shake the carton and release the top slowly because the baking soda makes the mixture foam up in the carton.  Rinse the carton with a little water. Pour into the batter combine well then add:
2 C ALL BRAN

2 C OF RAISINS OR DATES (I usually add a little more dates because I like the moist texture).

Mix well.  Let sit in a covered container in fridge for 2 days before baking.  Keeps in fridge for about 8 weeks, but mine don’t usually last that long. If you find that after a couple of weeks the batter is getting too thick add 2 tbsp of milk to the portion you are going to bake.  375 degrees for 15 minutes.

Enjoy and happy trails to the water closet!

Tyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weigh in. What's your opinion? Start a dialogue. Speak and I'll listen.

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet
Blogging = cleaning = healing.

Feed